Periodontal diseases are referred to a range of dysfunctions and diseases related to gum tissues aka gum diseases and with bones surrounding and aiding the teeth. Inflammation, infection, and oxidative stress obtained from overabundant free radical molecules are a component of periodontal disease. Antioxidants phloretin and ferulic acid are proven by periosciences to counteract the free radicals related with the oxidative stress.
Types of Periodontal Diseases
Plaque is caused by the food remnants that if aren’t removed quickly, they can harden to form tartar, which is a crust of mineral material that even brushing won’t suffice to clean from your teeth. Tartar and plaque are the breeding grounds from bacteria and infection that tend to cause swollen, painful, inflamed, and even bleeding gums related with gingivitis.
If gingivitis is neglected or unchecked, it can exacerbate to periodontitis. Gums will begin to pull away from the teeth which can create pockets of infection. The deterioration in the bony structure which is around teeth is deemed common, and can also lead to tooth loss.
Preventive Tips to Follow
- Brush at least two times in a day, every day.
- Floss at least once in a day, every day. And anytime you feel like some food is stuck in the spaces between your teeth, or below the gum line.
- Visit your dentist at least twice every year in order to get your teeth professionally cleaned below the gum line and for other necessary treatment as well.
- Inquire your dentist about the addition of antioxidants as a part of your hygiene routine. There are many good quality antioxidants available that enhance the natural antioxidants present in the saliva.
- Minimize your risk factors for the periodontal disease. If you are diabetic, or have any other health issues, keep a keen eye on your oral hygiene. If you are a smoker, keep in mind that smoking is one of the leading causes of periodontitis. There are many antioxidants available formulated especially for smokers.
If you are keenly interested to know more about the dental care and oral hygiene, visit our website or book an appointment with us. We will also enlighten you with the potential advantages of using dental antioxidants, encompassing phloretin or ferulic acid. So, what are you waiting for? Get in touch with us or visit our website now!